Peru is like a laboratory in constant development, a culture shaped over centuries by the creativity and talent of its people. From 11-14 March, as part of the SXSW 2018 Trade Show, we will show the world our country's finest examples of innovation, technology, music and entrepreneurship.
Anda has created a 4G smart watch that allows direct and emotive communication between parents and young children.
- The Anda watch is intended for children aged 3 and above and can be used to make calls, and to send text messages (via a system similar to whatsapp) or symbol-based messages for children who haven't learnt to write yet.
- It enables parents to locate their children through different technologies such as GPS.
Website: http://www.anda.pe/ Watch video
Aporta: Innovating to make an impact. Group Breca is one of Peru's largest business conglomerates and Aporta is its social innovation laboratory.
Aporta's social innovation methodology is based on:
- Designing projects using Human Centered Design
- Escalating Responsible Business projects and turning them into high-impact social businesses.
- Shaking up the Public Works Tax Deduction mechanism.
Facebook Watch video
Arrivedo is an online platform for recommending hotels.
- It allows hotels to organize their own Neighborhood Guide.
- Its mission is to organize a Neighborhood Guide for every hotel in the world.
Website: https://arrivedo.com/ Watch video
This company, which specializes in deliveries, is looking to offer a same-day parcel delivery service.
- As well as express delivery, it also offers Web and Mobile platforms dedicated to improving the urban logistics and delivery experience for E-commerce, businesses and people.
Website: https://www.chazki.com/ Watch video
This is a development company that makes smart patches to regulate and track skin disorders.
- By incorporating big data and machine learning, Drop provides reports and statistics on the way the user's skin is behaving.
- It also provides product recommendations based on the user's characteristics.
Website: https://www.drop.com.pe/ Watch video
Since 1975, Inkaterra has pioneered ecotourism and sustainable development in Peru. Committed to scientific research and conservation, Inkaterra shares biodiversity and culture with the world through authentic travel experiences.
Inkaterra hosts more than 200,000 travellers every year and is member of diverse alliances, such as Relais & Châteaux, Virtuoso and National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World.
Website: http://www.inkaterra.com Watch video
Innova Factoring: Smart Capital FinTech has innovated products and processes for Factoring operations in Peru.
- The aim of this company is to finance 10% of Peru's top 10,000 micro, small and medium-sized enterprises by 2020.
- FinTech's 2018 goal is to improve technological support processes, implementing biometric and blockchain security for Smart Contracts in Non-Recourse Factoring operations.
Website: https://www.innovafactoring.com/ Watch video
LIQUID – Experience Design Firm Liquid is a Peruvian design firm with 7 years' experience in the market.
- Its proposals include creating, transforming and optimizing the customer/user experience through technology and the design of digital content, products and services.
- It seeks to innovate through a methodology based on Design Thinking.
Website: http://www.meetliquid.com/ Watch video
Marcas que marcan (Brands that leave their mark), or MQM.PE, is the #1 Directory for High-Impact Suppliers in Peru
- This is the first initiative looking to boost social procurement in the country.
- The website is currently in its Beta version, but its next phase will incorporate a user interface that allows companies to generate direct quotes.
This is a solution for monitoring and predicting blueberry and avocado harvests.
- Readings are taken in the air and stored using drones with thermal and infra-red cameras.
- Soil information is recorded using cameras attached to tractors and fitted with artificial intelligence software.