The goldenberry grows in a bush and it has been cultivated since the pre-Columbian period. Nowadays, it is considered one of the five best foods for the health produced in Peru. It is a powerful antioxidant, with a high content of vitamins A, B, and C, calcium, iron and phosphorus, perfect for strengthening the immune system. It was cultivated in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, and was one of the most venerated fruits in the noble’s garden.
Harvest: 7 to 9 months after sowing, from March to June
- Due to its high vitamin C content, it is ideal for treating asthmatic conditions, sinusitis, and other allergies.
- Its antioxidant properties delay cellular aging.
- Helps to heal wounds.
- Improves the immune system.
- Improves the production of red blood cells.
- Improves cardiovascular functions.
República del Perú - Comisión de Promoción del Perú para la Exportación y el Turismo - PromPerú