LAB4+, the most important business and innovation summit in Latin America, will be held on November 20 and 21 in the city of San Francisco, California, the United States, with the involvement of Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru, the countries that make up the Pacific Alliance (PA).
The purpose of this event is to internationalize and raise awareness of the innovation ecosystem of the member countries of the Pacific Alliance in Silicon Valley, the capital of global technological invention. This is an excellent opportunity for exposure and connections for key players such as service exporters, startups, investors, large companies, incubators and accelerators, among others.
By holding LAB4+ for the first time in San Francisco, participants will have the chance to generate more business and/or alliances, access to investments or phase-ins and more contact networks with potential allies and investors.
The summit will offer exhibition opportunities, workshops, conference areas and stands for companies and organizations wishing to exhibit prototypes and technological activations. The four sectors that LAB4+ will prioritize are: (1) nutrition and health, (2) education and the future of work, (3) creative industries or the orange economy, and (4) exponential technologies.
1,500 participants are expected at this summit, organized by ProChile, ProColombia, the Ministry of Economy of Mexico and PROMPERU, not only from the PA countries, but also from the 59 Observer States from the five continents, with the United States as host.
This year's image is the Pumacornio, representing the main players in the Pacific Alliance’s innovation ecosystem, which uses its results and diversity of talent to pave the way for the arrival of new unicorns, a term which is used in the world of innovation to describe a technology company with a value greater than US$ 1 billion.
Facts about the PA
- The PA leads the Global Competitiveness Report 2018 in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- It heads the Global Innovation Index 2018 for Latin America.
- It is at the forefront of the seven pillars of the Global Innovation Index 2018 in Latin America: Institutions, human capital and research, infrastructure, market sophistication, business sophistication, technological knowledge and production, creative production.
- The PA ecosystem in creative industries accounts for 60% of innovative ventures in Latin America and, as regards exponential technologies, represents 50% of Fintech ventures in the region.
- 16 of the last 35 winners of the MIT U35 innovation contests in Latin America are PA entrepreneurs.
- It has three CGIAR research centers, the network of research centers that ensures the world's food safety, in particular the Potato Innovation Center in Peru.