Surpassing the 70 members, the group of chefs named “Generación con Causa” (Generation with Cause), continues to welcome more young talents of Peruvian gastronomy, between 25 and 35 years. Organized in five commissions - sustainability and development, research, professional development, pastry and regional - this group is ready to work for Peruvian cuisine.
The representatives of the Generation with Cause include chefs from restaurants from Lima and regions, such as Betsi Albornoz with El Populacho, George Capristan with La Calé and Alejandro Acuña with their food trucks called Lima Sabrosa, all located in Lima. The chefs who live in the provinces of Peru are Luis Romero with his Nikkei Koi Maki-Bar (Trujillo), José Luján (Cusco), Eduardo Sernaqué in the kitchen of Libertador Arequipa and Paul Perea of Salamanto restaurant, also located in Arequipa.
Manifestos of the Generation with Cause:
· Zero hunger: Train food cooks in vulnerable food eaters and promote conscious eating and nutrition with Peruvian superfoods.
· Value chains: Investigate and catalog raw materials; Identify producers, motivate their sustainability and generational continuity in multidisciplinary work.
· Designation of origin: Identify endemic raw materials and promote bills for recognition.
· Education and decent work: Seek a curricular reform, audit the Ministry of Education and demand an experienced faculty; Promote consistent employer-employee treatment.
· Keeping tradition: Record the traditional recipes of each region, census to picanterías, cooks and spread their work, as well as promote traditional cooking courses that are prerequisite.
· Sea, Amazon and Andes: Identify and value resources, as well as educate the consumer in their consumption.
· New generations: Support entrepreneurs and share experiences.
· Union: Promote communication in the gastronomic sector.