Peru at the World Travel Awards
Virgilio Martínez, propietario de Central y embajador de la Mar
Peru has 29 nominations at the prestigious 2017 World Travel Awards (WTA) event, slated for December 10 at Phu Quoc, Vietnam, according to the Peruvian Export and Tourism Promotion Board (PROMPERÚ).
The country itself chalked up eight nominations and is competing for “Leading Culinary Destination,” a distinction Peru won the past five years in a row; “Leading Green Destination,” which the country won at the South America level this year; “Leading City Break Destination” and “Leading Meetings & Conference Destination” for Lima; “Leading Tourist Attraction” for Machu Picchu and lastly, “Leading Beach Destination” for Máncora.
PROMPERÚ is also in the running for “Leading Tourist Board” and “Leading Tourist Authority Website” for www.peru.travel, an award it won at the worldwide WTA in 2014.
The private sector is represented by 21 finalists, including hotels, cruises, airports and travel agencies.
These nominations bring Peru international attention and bolster the promotional efforts of the public and private sectors so more Peruvians can reap the benefits, helping improve quality of life in the cities and countryside.
People can cast their votes for these awards until October 30 at: https://www.worldtravelawards.com/nominees/2017/world
About the World Travel Awards
In the words of the US newspaper The Wall Street Journal, the World Travel Awards are considered the “Oscars of Tourism.”
Since 1993, the WTA have become an extraordinary gauge of excellence in the travel and tourism industry at the international level. Winners are chosen by a public online vote and by votes cast by tourism industry experts around the globe.
The guest list for these galas is a who’s who of industry leaders, key decision makers, executives, prominent figures and the most important tourism and trade media outlets. The Grand Tour of the WTA is divided into stages, with regional ceremonies in the Middle East, Africa and the Indian Ocean, Europe, the Americas and the Caribbean, Asia and Oceania.
- World's Leading City Break Destination 2017: Lima, Peru
- World's Leading Culinary Destination 2017: Peru
- World's Leading Green Destination 2017: Peru
- World's Leading Tourist Attraction 2017: Machu Picchu, Peru
- World's Leading Tourist Board 2017: PromPeru - Peruvian Tourism Board
- World's Leading Tourism Authority Website 2017: Peru.travel
- World's Leading Beach Destination 2017 - Máncora, Piura, Peru
- World's Leading Meetings & Conference Destination 2017 - Lima, Peru
- World's Leading Airport 2017 - Lima Jorge Chavez International Airport, Peru
- World's Leading Airport Hotel 2017 - Costa del Sol Wyndham Lima Airport, Peru
- World's Leading Business Hotel 2017 - JW Marriott Hotel Lima, Peru
- World's Leading Business Hotel 2017 - Swissôtel Lima, Peru
- World's Leading Casino Resort 2017 - Delfines Hotel & Casino, Peru
- World's Leading City Hotel 2017 - Belmond Miraflores Park, Peru
- World's Leading Design Hotel 2017 - Hotel B, Peru
- World's Leading Heritage Hotel 2017 - Belmond Hotel Monasterio, Peru
- World's Leading Heritage Hotel 2017 - JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, Peru
- World's Leading Hotel 2017 - JW Marriott Hotel Lima, Peru
- World's Leading Hotel 2017 - Swissôtel Lima, Peru
- World's Leading Meetings & Conference Hotel 2017 - JW Marriott Hotel Lima, Peru
- World's Leading Meetings & Conference Hotel 2017 - Swissôtel Lima, Peru
- World's Leading Resort 2017 - Hotel Paracas, A Luxury Collection Resort, Peru
- World's Leading Resort 2017 - Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado, Peru
- World's Leading Wedding Resort 2017 - Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, Peru
- World's Leading Travel Agency 2017 - Costamar
- World's Leading Private Jet Charter 2017 - ATSA
- World's Leading Green Tour Operator 2017 - Explorandes
- World's Leading Luxury Train 2017 - Belmond Hiram Bingham
- World's Leading Luxury Train 2017 - Andean Explorer